FAQ 2018-03-01T03:44:00+00:00

Frequently Asked Questions

My property taxes are too high! Can you help?
Tax rates are established by multiple entities. Your property taxes are calculated by multiplying your property valuation (less exemptions) by the applicable tax rate. While we cannot change the tax rates, we can assist in determining if the value of your property has been correctly calculated. If we are successful in lowering your property’s value, your tax liability will also be lowered. Note: homestead properties may not apply.

What types of properties does Junek Consulting handle?
We handle all types of properties in the Commercial, Residential, and Agricultural/Ranch, designations. A brief list of the commercial properties we represent include retail, industrial/warehouse, hotels and lodging facilities, storage facilities, dealerships, apartments, office buildings, and land developments.

What fee structures are offered?
We have a flexible fee structure including contingency and flat-rate fees. Please contact us for more information.

How can I sign up?
If you are interested in obtaining our services, please contact us using the form below or call 361-550-7871 with your contact information, property ID, and name of your appraisal district. We will then send you all necessary paperwork to get started.

What happens once I sign up with Junek Consulting?
Once you have signed and returned your Contract and Appointment of Agent forms, we will send you a brief property questionnaire. Return the questionnaire and photos, and then sit back and relax while we analyze the relevant data and specifics regarding your property. We will notify you of the outcome after your informal or ARB hearing.

What counties does you serve?
We currently serve Aransas, Bee, Brazoria, Brazos, Calhoun, Duval, Frio, Goliad, Harris, Jackson, Karnes, Kendall, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Travis, Victoria, and Zapata Counties. Please reach out to us if your area isn’t listed and we will consider traveling to your county.

When is the deadline to protest my property taxes?
May 31st or the 30th day after the date the notice of appraised value is delivered, whichever is later.
Protests for Homestead-exempt properties must be submitted by April 30th (or by 30th day after notice of appraised value is delivered, whichever is later); however, a property owner may file a protest before June 1 if the ARB has not approved the appraisal records (Sec. 41.44).
A full listing of deadlines is available on the Texas Comptroller website.

I already submitted a notice of protest with my appraisal district. Can I still obtain your services?
Yes. Please use the contact form below or call 361-550-7871 and we will send you an appointment of agent and contract form. Once we receive your signed forms we will transfer your protest to our representation.

Ready to Talk